Thursday, January 7, 2010

No Surfing Today in Florida



No, there is no surfing today in my Beloved Florida. No sir.

This is Day Six of sub-freezing night temperatures. The cat actually wants to come in at night. The sea lays prostrate beneath the cruel heel of bitter air, and the shore birds have abandoned us for God-knows-where. Even the pelicans, both the Brown and the White, are reluctant to get their feet wet.

Fish in the ICW (the Intra-Coastal Waterway, aka The Ditch) can be seen lying on the sandy bottom belly up, writhing feebly. Forget pouncing on them with a cast net; the cast nets are all frozen stiff and fail to spread.

I can acually see my breath inside my surfer apartment in the morning, and it's not because I forgot to brush my teeth.

I admit it has been hard to brush them lately as they are chattering too fast to hit with the brush. I've found the best way is to hold the brush steady and just move my head back and forth.

Any of you folks Up North who would like to experience a Florida Vacation in the convenience of your own home need merely move some of that snow stuff in your driveway out of the way, put out some lawn chairs, and set outside for a spell.
 
Image
 








No comments:

Post a Comment